Monday, July 19, 2010

ECSTASY

Does the Urge which impels people to express, care whether a man kneels in ecstasy or lies drunk in the gutter? We are dealing with Law, and it follows that since we are dealing with Law It will bring back to us the result of the forces which we set in motion through it. –Ernest Holmes

In the 1960’s I read a book about Michelangelo called “The Agony and the Ecstasy.” This title reminds me that here on earth we perceive things by comparing. This world is full of opposites. The only way to really feel peace is to rise above the conflict and judgment and feel the Peace of Goddess. I can think of many times in my life when I felt so happy because I received some kind of big recognition or award. I was “the chosen one.” I felt ecstatic. I thought that some people really loved me. But, then when I was not the chosen one, I felt that I was unloved. For me to be in ecstasy, I must love myself unconditionally with or without the approval of others.

http://www.theresemay.com

Post a Comment